Monday, February 28, 2011

Go Dogs. Go! (2/21-24)

Monday through Thursday of last week was relatively tame.  I personally spent a lot of my time drawing.  On Monday, only 3 of my 6 students showed up so I spent an enjoyable hour reading Go Dogs. Go! and reliving my childhood.  What a great book!  No wonder it was Matt's favorite when we were little!  We also played a few rousing rounds of Hide and Go Seek before our designated time was up.  Monday night our section played a hilarious game called "Revolution."  This involved splitting up into two teams, each person being labeled, and then finding your corresponding name on the other team.  Basically it involved a lot of running and yelling and grabbing and falling.  Hilarious. Tuesday was our final platica (thank goodness) and English class revolved around Michael Jackson's Thriller song and music video.  The boys loved that. 

Wednesday my normal routine was interrupted by a tour group which I showed around the house.  The group was composed of about eight senior citizens who were taking a two week immersion course in Cuernavaca.  Apparently the organization they were affiliated with included a visit to Miacatlan and Casa San Salvador in the package.  They had never heard of NPH before so I had a lot of explaining to do.  The tour wasn't that long; the group couldn't handle the whole walk so it was more me gesturing in different directions and explaining that too much tour.  But I had fun. It was nice to introduce such novices to the NPH organization as well as talk to some folks from the States.

So that's about it from last week.  As you already know, the weekend was more upsetting.

Yes, lice has come to the volunteers!  Monika and Wesleigh have both been infected.  This is Wesleigh helping Monika out with the worst.  I shouldn't laugh too hard.  I might very well be next!

A very sweet drawing and note from one of my girls, Elvira.  She's one of my best buddies in the section.  It says "To: Mami Sara, t.k.m." Basically, Mami is what they call their most beloved encargadas (it sounds a lot like Mommy), Sarah is spelled without an "h" in Spanish, and "t.k.m." means Te quiero mucho or I love you.  Made my week when I got it.