Monday, March 7, 2011

Viernes, 25

Friday, the 25th of February, started my weekend working.  Friday itself wasn't too unusual: full of chores, camera action, and movies.

If you look closely you can see two girls standing on the columns taking down the curtains.  Friday was dedicated to cleaning all big things in the room that aren't cleaned on a daily or weekly basis like the curtains, the rug from the sala, and all the cushion covers from the sofa.

This is a video by another of my girls.  It shows the entire room again where girls are doing homework.  Outside you see the girls cleaning the carpet from the sala.  The sweeping technique they are using is how they clean most things here: floors, tables, benches, windows, walls, etc.

Here's what I spend most of my time doing during the week.  As I've said before, I've never drawn this much in my entire life, but I keep at it because it's for the girls.  The pictures range.  Here I'm basically copying the photo.  Copying is really what I'm doing; not much creativity involved.

Me and one of my girls.  She just absolutely loves my camera for both pictures and videos.

That night, the big event was movies in the patio.  They set up two big screens on opposite sides with two different movies that the kids could pick from.  Chicharrones were also provided of course.
One of my girls, and her youngest brother.  A lot of the families here really look after each other and spend as much time together as possible.  Usually this means the weekends as the weekdays are so structured.