Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapel Hill News and 3am Cat Fights (2/9)

Wednesday dawned a little brighter.  I was much more rested as I had gone to bed so early and I was able to use my morning break to sleep some more.  We had another workshop which took up most of the morning and then met with Daniela who was in Miacatlan for the day.  During our meeting I learned that a group from Chapel Hill is coming up in early March and somehow I volunteered myself to be solely responsible for their well-being while they are here.  Not exactly sure how that happened and I'm freaking out about it a little bit now as I have no idea what that responsibility will actually entail.  But it will be neat to have the Chapel Hill connection here.  As of now, I don't know who is actually in the group, what organization is sending them, etc. so there is a small chance I have some connection with them.

That was the biggest news for Wednesday.  Lunch, homework, no Life Teen because of cleaning, dinner, reading time, and bed for the girls.  Reading time was interesting that night because each girl had to read aloud a passage and then summarize it off the top of her head. Both sections were then graded by one of the encargadas.  I ended up catching the last 10 minutes of the Duke game which nice, but a little sad since we lost (boo Duke) and then had a really rough night of sleep because of some band playing next door and a couple literal cat fights out on our patio.  That was an experience.  You always hear the fake cat fighting from cartoons or when people make fun of girl fights, but those examples never quite prepared me for the real thing.  Think more nails on chalkboard. I guess I'm just privileged to get all kinds of new experiences here!