Monday, February 14, 2011

Filming Bunnies and Hopping Fences (2/11)

Friday was another day full of drawing requests, Valentine assistance, and bunnies.  We had a brief mass (usual for every Monday and Friday).  I was excited when my encargada left cena early, leaving me to dismiss the girls from the cafeteria and get them back to the room safely.  My girls also discovered the video feature on my camera which has caused a lot of frivolity and creativity on their part.

Me and one of my girls with Grisita (Little Grey), the star of our videos that night.

One of our productions.  Sorry, it's all in Spanish, but I'll give you a brief summary of what she's talking about.  She introduces Grisita as royalty of some sort and we start with her coranation; she's with her friend the princess.  There's a lot of dancing and random feet from my other girls.  We visit their castle (on the back of the pillow) and receive a lot of besitos (kisses).  We visit Grisita's novio (boyfriend) Lukas, the guinea pig and another of my girls, the neighbor and "Corte!" which means cut.  I hope you enjoy seeing their silliness in action.  I'm the one working the camera.  We're in the sala part of our section's room.

It was kind of a crazy night.  We stayed up really late just watching movies on TV.  I didn't really know when to leave and two girls fell asleep with their heads on my lap so I didn't want to move until I had to.  Finally, one of the encargadas said I should probably go since it was after 11pm.  To my surprise, I found the exterior gate to the dorm locked.  Uh oh!  I didn't know what to do.  I was building up the courage to attempt jumping the fence (pictured above) when Ochoa, the other encargada came out of the room.  And she confirmed my fears.  The exterior door would trigger an alarm if I tried to open it so the fence was my only option.  Thank God I have long limbs!  Sure that I was going to fall over the other side not only badly injuring myself but waking up the entire dorm and plunging myself into eternal embarrassment, I stepped up, took hold, and somehow made it safely.  Still not sure how that happened.  But I was very proud of myself too!  A little disappointed to find out that fence hopping is kind of normal around here and I'm sure I'll repeat the experience, but I'll never forget my first time!