Friday, January 28, 2011

Test Day 2, Thursday (1/27)

I’m in trouble.  I love all the groups, ages, and girls!  What am I going to do?  Yesterday, the schedule was pretty much the same as my first day on the job except instead of chores, after homework we had activity time.  For this group of girls (grade 5) that meant a huge game of soccer on the front lawn.  This was especially entertaining as the field had about three huge puddles that were constantly a hindrance to the ball and a fun surprise to run through!  I even played barefoot.  (Sorry, Dad.)  After activity time was running time in which I participated.  After a long time of no exercise, I found the route tough.  We ran through the entire complex twice: up hills, stairs, fields, sidewalks, and back again.  Not all the girls ran, some walked, and I personally had to take a couple walking breaks to make it back.  Next time I’ll be better prepared!  But yes, once again I absolutely fell in love with the entire group.   Aaaaaahhhhh!!! And today is turning out to be no different.  I’ve also already spent some time with my group for tomorrow and I know I’m going to love all of them too.  What am I going to do?  I’ll just have to leave myself at Daniela’s mercy (our volunteer coordinator).