Thursday, January 27, 2011

Orientation Week Part 2

Important note:  we are all currently in our trial period where each day for a week we will be spending it with a different age group.  This is to help us figure out where we think we will fit better and what age we think we should work with.  Then on Tuesday, we will each individually talk with Daniela and receive our assignments.  We are all very excited for the day when we know what we're doing instead of this awkward uncertainty and half-understood Spanish directions.  But the kids are sweet and full of hugs just looking for someone to plant them on.  My schedule for the next few days is as follows:

Wednesday: Grandes A (~6th grade)
Thursday: Grandes B (~5th grade)
Friday: Medianas (~3rd-4th grade)
Saturday: Chicas (~1st-2nd grade)
Sunday: Secundaria Tercera (~9th grade)
Monday: Secundaria Segunda (~8th grade)
Tuesday: Decision Day!

And while I have your attention, here's photos of our house.  My camera ran out of battery so I don't have too many exteriors, but this will help you visualize my living situation for the next year:
My room, starting in the above corner and turning clockwise.  My Carolina pride once more!  Also, note the photos around the mirror.
One of my lockers. It has three sections to help hold all my stuff.  And I get the window!
 My second locker with my schedule for the week and more photos.  Thanks again, Kristen!
My final corner with my desk. And that's my half of the room!  It will shrink at the sixth month mark with the addition of another volunteer, but for now I have more than enough space.  It's a little spoiling actually.  And it's such a relief to be moved in!

Our bano.  We currently don't have a shower curtain and there is no other partition between the shower space and the rest of the bathroom.  Our toilet also doesn't flush right now because of a water tank problem.  But its home!
Our sala and kitchen:
And that's home, sweet home!  I'll post some exteriors later.