Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Last Days in Cuernavaca (1/22-24)

Saturday was pretty chill. We were up so late the night before that I slept in a little and spent most of the day organizing photos, doing laundry, watching a few shows (Castle), reading, being lazy, and generally enjoying a little quite time. 

Sunday went a little differently.  I headed into Mexico City with a few friends and we spent the morning and early afternoon exploring a couple of art museums in the city.  I headed back to Cuernavaca early with Wesleigh to collect my laundry from the roof and we ended the night late watching two movies: Megamind and Inception.  Both very good but for very different reasons!
Waiting for the rest of our group outside of El Museo de Las Bellas Artes in Mexico City.  From L to R: Monika, Monika (the fourth student during our week of classes), Sara, and me.  Wesleigh and Sai were still inside.
On our walk back to our house, Wesleigh and I stumbled across an impromptu dance taking place in el Zocalo or the central plaza of Cuernavaca.

My laundry drying above the city!  There are no dryers here so everyone hangs their clothes on the line.  Our laundry in Cuernavaca just happens to dry on the roof of the tallest building in the neighborhood with the best view of the city for miles.  A fun place to read and relax although I was secretly terrified my laundry was going to disappear on the wind and I'd never get it back!

Monday was another lazy day.  I slept late and spent a few hours trying to cram all of my stuff back into my bags.  No easy feat, let me tell you.  The rest of the day was spent eating, talking, napping, reading, etc.  We ended the night with Once, another good movie and also very different from the previous two.  I realize this all makes me out to look very lazy, which I can definitely be, but we were taking extreme advantage of the down time while we had it!
 Jacky (below) and Mojo (above): the two dogs who were our constant welcoming committee and playmates while we stayed in the Cuernavaca house.  Both very sweet.  Mojo's photo is a little awkward because he's chewing on something, but I wanted you to be able to see his eyes: one blue and one gold.